Total Pageviews

Friday, January 20, 2012

Today I wanted to talk about the lockout that almost ruined this NFL season. 176 days ago, the players and owners finally agreed to a new collective bargaining agreement to end the lockout, which lasted for over 100 days long. The players and owners couldn't figure out how to split 9 billion dollars evenly between them. This is one part of professional sports that I find disgusting. I mean, why does it even matter if players earn half a million dollars less then before? They are still multimillionaires. You would think that one would be satisfied with this salary.

Also, the players and owners needed to do something that did not happen. They needed to think about the NFL fans and how they feel. As a fan myself, I would wake up every day hoping with all my might that the players and owners agreed to a deal to end the madness. But soon enough, the news that the owners and players couldn't reach a deal would once again deflate my hopes and dreams. Now, although the jets were eliminated from the playoffs, I am still very much thankful for that one player or owner who realized what a selfish act this whole lockout was, and helped in the return to football for the 2011-2012 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment