Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 25, 2012



Since this is my second to last blog, I wanted to take the time to honor some of the top NFL players by predicting the NFL awards. Coach of the year is an interesting award. Some people may judge coaches on how they turned a losing team into a winning team. Other people might judge coaches on how far they can take their team into the playoffs. With that said, my coach of the year award goes to Jim Harbaugh of the San Francisco 49ers. What amazed me about Harbaugh was how in his first year as head coach of the 49ers, how he turned his team around. In 2010, the 49ers won 6 games and lost 10. In 2011, they won 13 and lost only 3. I give a coach lots of credit if they can orchestrate a 7 game turnaround. 

My second award is a very honorable award. It is comeback player of the year award. It can symbolize a player who followed an injury filled season to go on to be great the next year. It can also be a player who always found away to make a comeback and win. My comeback player of the year award goes to Eli Manning. After not making the playoffs and throwing 25 interceptions in a disappointing 2010 season, Eli led the giants to the playoffs and a berth in super bowl 46. Eli also had 6 comeback victories in 2011, an outstanding feat. 

And finally the most highly anticipated award in the NFL, the league MVP award. I believe quarterbacks Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees are nearly neck and neck in the race for the MVP award. Although Rodgers won more games, Brees broke the record for passing yards in a season. So that's why my MVP award goes to Drew Brees of the saints for his remarkable passing numbers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment