Total Pageviews

Monday, January 9, 2012

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8259744a/No-helmet-no-problem

On the link above is a football play where a player, Bryan Braman, lost his helmet, then proceeded to tackle the opposing team's player head first.

Every analysis I've heard on this play has commented on this player's devotion and toughness. But I find it just plain stupid. First of all, Braman gave himself a high risk of sustaining a severe concussion. He would have been out cold if the opposing player's helmet happened to hit his head when tackled. Another problem I saw with this tackle is why the Braman would even bother to tackle him. The returner was heading out of bounds anyway. What if Braman did get seriously injured? Then every analysis would be talking about his stupidity and how he let down his team because of that stupidity. I am 100% confident that if I conducted a poll to NFL players, over 75% of them would agree that tackling without your helmet is not worth the risk of injury.

2 comments:

  1. Good job Cleo! I agree with you. He should not have tackled him head first.

    ReplyDelete